Friday, April 17, 2009

what is the world coming to.

Yesterday I had the unsung pleasure of dealing with a very special idiot.
The story starts here im my store, a man decided he was going to purchase the following:

10 copies of "secret diary of a call girl"
6 copies (each) of 3 seperate dranball z anime boxsets
And 3-4 copies of various other new release titles.
Now, as a store policy we aren't allowed to sell more than 3 copies of any title to any customer unless they've specially ordered them, for obvious reasons. For example, when TAKEN came out a fellow tried to purchase every copy we had, the day after release, I said if he wanted to order in that many that's fine but otherwise he's not able to take more than 3. (Its mainly becuase people will bulk buy boxsets and wait till they are no longer available and try to sell them on ebay for uncanny amounts of coin.)
ANYWAY.
He comes to bens register and ben says "your not allowed to buy more than 3 titles each sorry". And the man starts calling our store racist, I preceed to tell him that no, our store isn't racist, it just has a policy on the bulk buying of goods cause its obvious you plan on selling them for more money. He started to call me a racist and saying if a caucasian person had come to purchase this many copies that I would have allowed him to. I told him this was not the case, and that if he doesn't like the policies we have he can shop somewhere else.
He just keep calling me a racist so I say, "look im not a racist, but if that what you want to tell yourself, fine. If you do come back I'll decline you service and not becuase you are chinese sir, but because your an arrogant person, goodbye" as he walked out he called me a racist.

What the hell is wrong with people today? Our store policies have nothing to do with race, religion or creed, sexual orientation or anything else. Some people just like the pull this card for sympathy and to get what they want it seems, its so ridiculous. Im concerned to think that this may have happened somewhere else, and because of what he said he got his own way, or worse, the person that had declined him got fired from a racial complaint.

Talkk about defamation of character. Grr.
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment